Gazebo in Glenolden Park
|• Total||0.97 sq mi (2.52 km2)|
|• Land||0.97 sq mi (2.52 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||92 ft (28 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||7,347.69/sq mi (2,837.74/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||610 and 484|
Glenolden is located in eastern Delaware County at  It is bordered to east and southeast by the borough of Folcroft, to the southwest by Norwood, to the northwest by Ridley Township, to the north by Darby Township, and to the northeast by Collingdale.(39.898812, −75.292456).
As of Census 2010, the racial makeup of the borough was 86.9% White, 8.5% African American, 0.1% Native American, 1.7% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, 0.3% from other races, and 2.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.2% of the population [dead link].
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,476 people, 3,058 households, and 1,871 families residing in the borough. The population density was 7,673.6 people per square mile (2,975.8/km²). There were 3,198 housing units at an average density of 3,282.5 per square mile (1,272.9/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 92.28% White, 4.03% African American, 0.04% Native American, 2.38% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.21% from other races, and 1.04% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.18% of the population.
There were 3,058 households, out of which 28.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.1% were married couples living together, 12.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.8% were non-families. 33.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 3.17.
In the borough the population was spread out, with 23.8% under the age of 18, 9.1% from 18 to 24, 31.8% from 25 to 44, 20.6% from 45 to 64, and 14.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 90.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.3 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $41,189, and the median income for a family was $48,648. Males had a median income of $39,401 versus $29,083 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $20,173. About 3.4% of families and 5.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.6% of those under age 18 and 5.5% of those age 65 or over.
Students living in Glenolden attend classes in the Interboro School District, which consists of Glenolden and its neighboring towns Prospect Park, Norwood, and Tinicum Township. Glenolden School is the home of the borough's public elementary and middle schools. Public school students attend Interboro High School in Prospect Park.
The school district's administration offices are located in Prospect Park.
- Theresa Grentz, former Illinois women's basketball head coach and Women's Basketball Hall of Fame inductee, born in Glenolden
- Stephenie LaGrossa, Survivor: Palau, Survivor: Guatemala, and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains contestant, born in Glenolden
- Mildred Scott Olmsted (1890–1990), peace activist
- Vince Papale, former member of the Philadelphia Eagles and subject of the movie Invincible, born in Glenolden
- Joe Feeney III, Writer, podcaster, producer (Creative Control w/Joe Feeney, Creative Control Network, Keepin it 100, Something to Wrestle With, 83 Weeks), independent wrestler in 90’s
- Steven Sandone, Founder of Dr. WHO, Born in Glenolden
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 28, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Glenolden borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 11, 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-04-04. Retrieved 2007-04-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Glenolden, Pennsylvania.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Glenolden.|